Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Taboo subject: free women bound


miseducation of the species by Benjamin Greene


 
 by  Cory Wilaby Photography,
rope suspension by Eric Black (Shibari performer)

I don't understand Shibari, or bondage. In relationship to women and bondage, African women or white women in bondage against the backdrop of their collective and individual histories it leaves me befuddled. Because it has to do with domination I have wondered if perhaps my interpretation is biased towards the sacred approach to women and Life, and indeed there is something of value and worth bondage has for the soul!

These are questions governed by the heart of a man, a protector with daughters, and women in my life. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 11.3.15



Martha Steward by Juan Rico
attended Comedy Central Roast of Justin Beiber 3.14.15


 

No comments:

Post a Comment