Saturday, April 2, 2016

There Are Some Things You Have To Live


Michelle Rodriguez, actress 


Any man who aspires to be with a 'Wild Woman' must be either a rough, wild, unruly man himself, or highly developed in the areas of his ability to ride with the highest spirited horse on the open range. Now, I am saying something provocative, which may be insulting to a segment of the population. My brief definition implies that Wild Women are crude (in the first definition), and unattainable in the second. 

I am comparing the latter man, in my assessment, and Wild Women with free roaming horses because of my experience, as a teenager, watching wild horses deep in the forest near my home.  The only boundaries free horses had bordered the places men frequented. In exchange for respecting this boundary set up by horses the horses lived longer. Men seldom found themselves in the presence of these horses because they were outmatched by the spirits these horses carried within them, and because wild, free horses were invisible to the average man. See the links? I did. 

In my future I became one of those men in the company of Wild Women, and a couple times in warm loving relationships with Wild Women. I met them sitting still in a forest listening. The comparisons beg to a question, or more, if they are not invisible to you! ~ Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 8.24.14  



Paula Patton straddling exercise horse 


No comments:

Post a Comment