Thursday, May 5, 2016

PRACTICE your NAME




Maat Petrova's face has a sense of being worthy of more to come.


"My step father named me Ma'at. The Khemetic Goddess of Truth and Balance. The feather is Ma'at's symbol placed on the scales of Ma'at with one's heart. In our lifetime the feather is a reminder of keeping our heart's as light as a feather. I'm also a Libra, ruled by Venus, the planet of Love. But before all of that, I was an extremely affectionate, fearlessly loving child. I want to get to her again.. Before the walls of protection were built up, block by block with every shot at my vulnerable sweetness, I'm working on getting to her again, moving in love in every way." ~ Maat Petrova (August 25, 2015)





My prayers for your journey, Maat Petrova are strong. I envy you the journey you are making. Your quest reminds me of what my adopted grandmother said to me when she was old and I was marveling her grace, and high energy. She said it was important to keep the little girl alive! It was her secret to old age. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories (September 13, 2015)



Maat Petrova in Ghana in front of Cape Coast Slave Castle in December 2014


 

No comments:

Post a Comment