Thursday, May 5, 2016

the Deeper Art Capturing the Dark Hue



models J and Nateya themed in 1970's retro style from a series titled Stone Groove Divas by Ray Pitts, photographer.


Am I to assume Ray Pitts is the photographer here? If so, my question to him is why does he feel etching out the model's features adds to the feel of the piece?

It is an excellent shoot and concept this Stone Groove/Diva series. I'd like to see more. I just find it hard to appreciate the polishing of features particularly in African women. . .


 

 
 
 
Yes, Gregory E Woods I am the photographer on this series and there's a couple of things going on.


1. The young models makeup was flawless and because I'm still learning the Dodge and burn technique I really try to practice it as often as possible.

2nd I think it's within the mood of the whole vibe, in making sure what I envision comes to life. Because it is my perspective on the image the whites the contrast the highlights. I definitely understand the aspect of natural beauty but in this case I chose the latter. And I do thank you for the appreciation you do have towards the image. Thank you

 

 
 
Ray Pitts, I am glad you gave me insight to your vision. That helps me a lot. I gained a perspective I gotta ponder. Thanks.

Ray Pitts No worries Gregory E. Woods I'm still trying to improve every aspect of my photography. I will post an unedited version. Of this image and you can see the what they looked like in color

 

 
Gregory E. Woods Oh, OK. That would be cool!

Well, what I left out was my initial reaction, which was surprise. You captured an era long gone. I was dumbstruck at first before I really started looking at the images.

It takes a lot of respect and depth in appreciation to intelligently capture the subtleties of the darker hue.

Respect. I respect that because these photographers like you and photographs of this calibre are hard to search and find...

(May 5, 2016)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment