Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Shield of FAITH



"The deeper men of action I grew up around seldom quoted authority text if they had not incorporated the words, the teaching deep into who they were. I watched them closely coming up, and listened carefully. These men and the women of the same substance made fear, their sex drives, anger, and other intangibles their allies. It wasn't until I practiced their example in dangerous circumstances I learned the art with some degree of efficiency  It took time to learn the elements of fear, and to shed myself of attachment to fears. It was difficult, and it is an ongoing task, but when I got some skill I enjoyed the ability. 

Fear is such a presence in Life. It isn't separate from living. The innocent lives of the four-leggeds, of children share common experiences around fear. Fear teaches the free flights of exploration to pay attention. Fear teaches the mind to be impeccable. Fear teaches the spirit to teach the will. Fear allows possibilities to play hide and seek until we learn to 'see'. Fear, as an ally, stares across the circumference of the Sacred Circle into the sphere of Power. The relationship between Fear and Power is dynamic and a way of gaining access to the deeper aspects of the spiritual walk we chose to walk in Life. 

Dig what I'm saying?" - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 6.24.14


the Warrioress 


No comments:

Post a Comment