Friday, July 1, 2016

EYE SEE IN


Caroline Bush in a mirror 
You standing in front of a bathroom mirror reminds me of the powers of mirrors and its relationship to water. Mirrors reflect. Children reflect their parents. Water returns to wherever it has been because it is a source, a force unto itself. She feeds and informs herself.  But, the mysterious aspect of mirrors, children and water is what they show you of your inner world. 

On a dare from a voice within I closed myself into someone's tiny bathroom to stare deep into the eyes of who ever was looking back at me in the mirror. The lights were closed. It was dark save for the sunlight coming under the door to see what I could possibly be doing without light. Light is inquisitive I learned that afternoon. 

I got closer to the mirror and with difficulty at first looked into the eyes looking at me and in a very short time the animal was in my face out of me making a slightly aggressive gesture towards me. 
It scared the 'beegeebees' outa me, at first. By the third time I was recognizing and understanding some things. . . - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 8.25.14 




No comments:

Post a Comment