Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Perfect Woman, a Quest!


abstract art of a woman by




On a quest to discover the perfect woman I discovered she was many types. She varied the definition of perfection changing her proverbial stripes by altering her relationship with light and shadow while changing positions. For a period of my youth I looked for internal perfection in Jesus' name. Baffled by always being outside of the touch of attainability I doubted myself wondering if falling short of perfection, heaven would forever be out of reach until I realized nothing in nature made quests of this nature. Perfection was on its own, and it was moments of perfection that settled the quest, and the competitive nature of that kind of spirituality lost its appeal and endeavors for perfection no longer marred the magic, the beauty of simply being.

The Perfect Woman to look at isn't necessarily the perfect woman to be with. There were so many women. Thousands of them swirled around me each day. Some looked better than others. Other's spiritual powers were astounding, and memorable. Girl watching became a visual parade with a ceaseless capacity to charge and invigorate the spirit and inspire the creation of extraordinary music within my bodies of knowledge and knowing! Women's presence insured a grounding within me, and Black women were at the top of the list. I've seen from my dynamic youth forward into the present moment how and when the mystical resides within the very nature of women ranging from the crude and very rude to the evolved women whose bodies are beginning to take on the properties of light!

Beauty, over time, became a fascinating study of self.


- Gregory E. Woods, 
Keeper of Stories 9.5.14  


dark beautiful woman's seductive allure 3


Toni Braxton is a Black American singer.
Toni Gonzaga is a Filipina model. 

Filipina models 

No comments:

Post a Comment