Thursday, December 22, 2016

OH, HELLL!


The Nightmare by John Henry Fusili 


This painting was painted by who? I'd know more about the theme and the gory struggle of the woman knowing who he, the artist was.

"The painting brings to my mind the pathos, the terror of being a white woman in Europe's history. The more I read and the more I began to discern as a boy well into my manhood about the trail and the trails of womanhood from the perspective of European women in their history the more I understood the horror in the contradictions other women from conquered nations felt adapting to life as a Western woman.

Demons? Yes, there are demons we have to fight when they surface in our lives, but the cultural demons are another kind of monster. In the context of this painting what is not there and needed is more terrifying." - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories July 8, 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment