Saturday, February 18, 2017

CONFLICT of Black souls.


Roland Dawson, I am profoundly moved by this image. It is troublesome; no, it is frightening. I have no fear of the terrorist from abroad. I have concerns about the mental and spiritual capacity of the average Black American to free mind and soul, and wonder aloud in astonishment how deep rooted bondage is to the language and belief system of Blacks! All of it comes up in this disturbing ghost story you have told with the blink of your camera, and the compassionate understanding of your soul! - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories (2/16/17)

Bound Black Woman by Roland Dawson.

It brings to my mind how close Black folks are to returning to the bondage we have not fled far enough away from. "A people are not free whose freedom was given to them!"

An older Black man told me that when I was a young man. Now, I am the older cat with that knowing!
- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories {Feb. 16, 2017}



No comments:

Post a Comment