Sunday, March 12, 2017

FACE IN


KD

face by Kimberly Donolon


I see the determined and dodged struggle to hope that sits in people's face who have struggled deep in their souls with outside forces like addiction, abandonment, cruel men and the like. The way they purse their lips provides a slight variation; no, it makes an imperfect emphasis upon the dichotomy of struggle and pain. I've seen this look so many times, and always pause, look within to see my Medicines and listen closely because maybe there is something I can give in words, or a touch that makes the pain lessen, and their hope flicker less uncertainly, and beam steady a bit more.

This may or may not be your intention, Kimberly Donolon, but the first things I saw reached into me, and spoke these words. - Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories December 12, 2013 at 7:41pm





face by Kimberly Donolon titled WITHDRAWN (2015)


No comments:

Post a Comment