Tuesday, March 14, 2017

QUEEN as Chattel


When Queen Elizabeth I said, "I'm a hopeless romantic... in that I see no hope in romance." consideration has to given. Didn't she have a failed relationship or two in her years and didn't British law control her ovaries in a manner of speaking? As Queen protocol restricted her sex life, and conditioned men of the court had to follow certain rules with consequences should they be broken for a sexual liaison with the Queen. So, it makes sense. If what I recollect is true romance had no place for her to indulge in romantic daydreams or romantic trysts. 
 There is a depth to Queen Elizabeth I's insight. I had not considered it from the weight of her view as Queen and a woman. But, if memory services me correct didn't she rule as an unmarried woman? In England, that statement has to be clarified. It has to be rated against the backdrop of the times and the conditions she created for herself in that brutal and crude culture she presided over.
- Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories
4.7.16



Fluvia Lacerda on the balcony stands in stark contrast to the conditions of royalty and womanhood of Queens of Europe in centuries past. It is a question of freedom. Are women free in the 21st century, or under less restraints? - Dawn Wolf, Keeper of Stories 5.10.16

No comments:

Post a Comment