Tuesday, September 12, 2017

What Daughters Teach



I have permission to tell this story. I will keep it short because it is long. Ted's first born was Nicole. Until she was in her early teenage years she was always with her father. Ted, by his own admission chased women 17 of his then 20+ years of marriage. He had all the advantages of access to women. He was a public bus driver and a gospel musician. Three daughters, one son and one wife and one mother he loved dearly. In fact, his mother fell terribly ill once, and he prayed a prayer asking God to take a certain amount of years of his life to give to his mother. God did this and to the letter of the request. 

But, this story is about a father's sexual promiscuity and his daughter who found out and in her outrage struck him the deepest blow she could to his life's framework. She got pregnant by a 27 year old man, and flaunted it in her father's face. She was 14 years old. It was an awful thing to help a man through when his chicken's came home to roost! I did what I could, but I'd never known until then how deep a daughter's hurt can become revenge and her revenge a torrent of rain and thunder and worst, lightning! Before she reached the end of her teenage years she had four sons by four different men all at least a decade older than her! 

She is married now. Last I heard she was in a good place with her father. Her father and mother are still married. The question everyone who knows this story asks is why is she still married to this man? I asked her one day in the midst of the whole story, which I've only shared a bit; why she stayed with Ted. She said, "I had a choice like a lot of women. I could on one hand, leave him. The other choice was to pray for him. I chose to pray for him. It was hard, I tell ya'. God showed me all the women he was with." 

I was astounded. I could barely believe what she said, but she didn't lie or exaggerate. It was not  in her to lie, nor was it a talent of hers to tell tall tales! She knew even the first women he lay with. She asked God to not show her their faces, but their clothes, location and whatnot. Her husband didn't know this until much later, but she was successful. It was about 18 years before something sudden happened to Ted and he gave his life to the Lord and learned how not to chase women. It is something he never learned how to do until he asked me to help him and teach what I knew to him. 

There is much more to this story I have to decide whether to use or not in this format. Some things should be said, other things should be written. 

Gregory E. Woods, Keeper of Stories 
Jan. 15, 2017 









"Men who want one time with Sienna West are men who want someone for nothing to care about casting her aside as a conquest. When those men have daughters will their daughters remember this about their fathers?" - Dawn Wolf, Keeper of Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment