Monday, January 15, 2018

Homage Paid to a Man.


Martin Luther King's deep words of challenge to cowardice.


PERSONALLY pause to pay homage to a man courageous enough never to let his spirit die though his life was under constant threat. His sacrifice was the ultimate; his message was timeless. I think of him as the original drum major of love. Misunderstood. Maligned. Mistreated. He was just one of many deserving of equal honor who's names we may or may not ever know. But on this day where we celebrate his birth, I PERSONALLY pause to honor him and symbolically pay the same honor to the millions of others like him who will never get a holiday of their own though they also made the ultimate sacrifice. It is because of them all that I am even here - a humbling thought by itself.

So though a few words offered in social media is woefully inadequate to express what I'm truly feeling, it's something my heart compels me to do. So for him and all those like him who chose spirit over life and made it possible for me to be . . .

I sincerely, humbly, from the depth of my whole soul say 'thank you'. - Eden Adele, Jan. 16, 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment